Do you consider yourself well organized and detailed oriented? Do you thrive under pressure and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment? If you answered yes, this might be the career for you! Heritage Office Furnishings has an immediate opening for an Accounts Receivable Specialist to join our Finance team!
This opportunity will provide you with direct experience to help you develop in your career. You will have the opportunity to process and manage a variety of functions. We don’t expect you to have vast experience of all parts of the role yet, as willingness to learn and a positive mindset will take you there. You are naturally drawn to details and organization and passionate about providing excellent customer service.
Here is how the opportunity will look for you, reporting to the VP of Finance, you will:
- Generate invoices and credit memos for all companies in the Heritage Group on a daily basis
- Accommodate client-specific invoicing requests (special documentation, e-invoicing, etc.)
- Process and manage Pro-Forma invoices for C.O.D. and deposits
- Process EFT, cheque and credit card payments on account including posting and completing bank deposits 3-4 times per week
- Process Lease approvals for specific orders and compare to actual
- Process the Invoices on Hold Report bi-monthly for all companies in the Heritage Group
- Monitor larger projects and ensure invoice is generated within 1 day of delivery
- Process and manage storage rental billing, including performing cubic footage adjustments, entering new orders and processing invoices bi-monthly
- Process Steelcase credit memos and related processes
- Generate one-step invoices when required
- Generate A/R month-end reporting and complete A/R closing procedures for all companies of the Heritage Group with a goal of closing all companies on or before the 4 th business day of each month
- Resolve invoice issues from clients or salespeople, when requested
- Provide credit information on clients, when requested
- College/University education completed
- Microsoft Office and Accounting Basics
- 2-4 years’ experience in Accounts Receivable required
- Self-motivated with excellent time management skills working in fast paced environment.
Heritage Office Furnishings is the No. 1 supplier of office furnishings and related services focusing on corporate environments within BC. Established in 1979, The Heritage Group has grown to become the largest full-service dealership in British Columbia, providing challenging and rewarding careers to over 250 employees in the areas of Sales, Administration, Warehousing, Distribution and Installation. Our continued growth and success results from a constant focus on customer satisfaction, by listening to our customers and providing continuous, outstanding service.
At Heritage, we want to ensure that we are continually investing in our greatest resource – our people. We hope to make your employment experience with us the best it can be with employee perks and benefits that contribute to a balanced and enjoyable lifestyle for you and your family.
Here is what you can expect from us:
- Flexible work schedule
- Company funded events (virtual and in person)
- Opportunity for growth within the company
- Annual performance incentives offered based on overall company objectives being met
- Subsidized training and education
- Extended health and dental benefits for you and your family
- Environmental initiatives including recycling and compost programs
- A dynamic work environment with a great group of people
- Holiday Celebrations – Chance to win wide destination vacation or retreat
- Free coffee, at all times!
Head Office,1588 Rand Ave, Vancouver, BC
To apply, email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject title “Job Posting – Accounts Receivable”.