We have a vacancy for an HR Assistant role to join our Talent & Culture team on a fixed term contract. This opportunity will help shape your career in Human Resources as you will have the chance to directly influence your own career and development. Reporting to the Manager of HR, you will have the opportunity to coordinate and administer a variety of HR programs. We don’t expect you to have vast experience of all parts of the role yet, as willingness to learn and a positive mindset will take you there. You are naturally drawn to the people side of business and passionate about providing an excellent employee experience.
Heritage Office Furnishings is one of the leading suppliers of office furnishings and related services focusing on corporate environments. Established in 1979, The Heritage Group has grown to become the largest full service dealership in British Columbia, providing challenging and rewarding careers to over 250 employees in the areas of Sales, Administration, Warehousing, Distribution and Installation. Our continued growth and success results from a constant focus on customer satisfaction, by listening to our customers and providing continuous, outstanding service.
Here is what the opportunity will look like for you:
- Administration of new hires set up and provides support for the on boarding process including: preparation of new hire packages & coordinating new hire schedule
- Posting and maintaining job advertisements on various job boards and social media in collaboration with our marketing team.
- Assist in the administration of our performance management system in TrakStar.
- Document and coordinate employee leaves, transfers and role changes.
- Manage and verify employee files in Dayforce and ensure necessary updates; changes are made on a timely basis.
- Assist in the administration of the health and safety to ensure compliance with COR
- Assist with off boarding responsibilities including exit interview coordination and property collection
- Provide administrative support for time and attendance tracking and management
- Provide timely response to employee enquiries and escalate as required
- Provide general administrative support to the team including drafting employee letters, recover at work process, creating organization charts, and maintaining our shared information systems.
- Assist in a variety of companywide events planning
- Ad Hocs: Support the HR team in a variety of HR programs: Reward & Recognition, Training & Development, Health and Wellness, Recruitment initiatives, remodelling on-boarding & off-boarding process.
Your talent and drive
You have a Bachelor degree preferably within Administration, Human Resource Management or similar. As a candidate you are:
- Enrolled in 4th year business program or a recent graduate
- A natural coordinator that can keep an overview without overlooking the details
- Structured in your work and good at collecting and analysing information
- Find it easy to work with many different stakeholders
- Self-driven with high initiative and curiosity
We offer a competitive starting salary and a positive working environment with great people.
To apply, please email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject title “Job Posting – HR Assistant”.