Heritage Office Furnishings has an immediate opening for a full-time Project Coordinator for our Project Services Department.
The Project Coordinator is the main point of contact for all assigned projects from client acceptance of budgetary quote to project closure. They are responsible for the coordination and oversight of all project, budget, customer expectations, product deliveries, installation, punch list resolution and executes Heritage’s terms & conditions. Additionally, the Project Coordinator demonstrates knowledge in the proper application and specification of Steelcase furniture and other furniture manufacturers.
• Accountable for audit completion, to ensure accuracy of furniture specifications on quotes/orders against provided floor plans
• Responsible for pre-order preparation and on-site evaluations as required
• Physical verification of site readiness for construction site projects
• Accountable for ongoing customer communication including scope changes
• Responsible for executing Heritage’s Terms & Conditions including tracking and processing all change orders.
• Track and manage all active assigned projects, including following up to ensure that all products are Received, Delivered, Invoiced and Cost Verified utilizing Internal Status reporting and/or My Dashboard.
• Create accurate Installation Package including complete and accurate installation drawings.
• Communicate regularly with all stakeholders to keep all parties informed of the status of the project
• Participate in project kick-off, pre-install and post-install meetings with operations, sales and customers and final on-site customer walk-through
• Schedule with appropriate building managers the use of service elevators, loading docks, security, parking facilities, etc., and coordinate building access as required. Coordinate and monitor services and trades. Obtain all required street parking permits, meter bookings and clearances.
• Troubleshoot any problems including damages, shortages, discrepancies and changes and follows up with affected parties.
• Continuously improve project management skills and knowledge relative to products and services available within the industry.
• Ultimately responsible for the provision of accurate and complete project information throughout the order cycle.
• Other duties as assigned by team leader
• 2 years project coordination, project management or related experience
• Grade 12 or equivalent
• Intermediate MS Office and Windows
• Working knowledge of floor plans, Gantt charts and the order fulfillment process
• Basic technical knowledge, including applicable building codes, correct product application, custom applications, and electrical.
• Solid analytical, problem solving and organizational skills.
• Detail and process oriented. Creative multi-tasker. Pro-active, flexible and able to make quick decisions.
• Must have a car
• Working towards or completion of a Project Management certificate is an asset
• System furniture installation, design and/or construction experience preferred
• Knowledge of ERP systems
Typically Monday to Friday 8am – 4:30pm with project driven overtime