Do you like solving problems? Are you good with tools? Do you enjoy working with your hands? If you answered yes, this might be the career for you! Heritage Office Furnishings is looking for a Service Technician for the Service Department to support the growth and operation of our organization.
The Service Technician will interact with Service Coordinator and clients to provide post-installation services on client sites including maintenance and repairs. The Service Technician is responsible for fulfilling client requests for various work environments on a day to day basis to ensure maximum customer satisfaction is delivered.
- Troubleshooting for clients and repairs of office furniture.
- Fulfilling client requests for various work environments on a day to day basis.
- Ensure all needs are met for successful, long-term working relationships both within the organization and with external clients.
- Provide effective communication to all stakeholders; includes accurate completion paperwork.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the professional conduct, appearance, safety, and efficiency of own time.
- Before Job Start:
- Assess the scope of work for assigned jobs.o Ensure all necessary equipment, safety equipment, hardware and tools are available.
- Contact client at the start of each job to confirm scope of work and client expectations.
- Ensure a professional and efficient execution of the job; provide advice and ongoing communication with the client and service coordinator with the goal of finishing the job on or before the allotted time frame.
- Troubleshoot problems as they occur, asking for assistance when necessary.
- Ensure a successful project close, includes:
- Ensure clients for life by closing the job with a happy and informed client. * Accurate completion all required paperwork, includes: Service tickets, expenses, invoicing and warranty information.
- Lead by example with personal appearance and attitude when representing the company including keeping well-groomed and wearing company approved uniform as per Employee Manual.
- Maintain vehicle condition and ensure it is adequately stocked with basic hardware, tools, cleaning supplies and safety equipment.
- Take part in organized training initiatives.
- Provide meaningful feedback to improve the outcomes of our Customer Service.
- Responsible usage of company assets/property (e.g. tools, uniform) including Van and company phone.
- Grade 12 or equivalent.
- Knowledge of Lower Mainland and 1 year of technical experience. Microsoft Outlook. Experience with hand and power tools and advanced furniture installation experience an asset.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact directly with clients.
- Previous office furniture installation experience is an asset.
- Enthusiasm, energy, and a positive attitude.
- Must be able to lift 50-75 pounds.
- Clean driving record and valid BC driver’s license.
- Company provided service van.
- Extended health benefits for you and your family, including dental, health spending account and EAP covered entirely by the company.
- Safety culture and all necessary personal protective equipment (PPE) provided
- Subsidized training and education.
- Company funded events and chances to win all expense paid trips!
- Security Clearance may be requested for this position.
Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Job Posting – Service Technician”