Heritage Office Furnishings Ltd. has an immediate opening for a Warehouse Manager. This position requires you to supervise a medium size group of warehouse employees while overseeing the warehouse department. You will be responsible for managing returned goods, storage retrieval, incoming trailer management, timely dispatch of goods, and problem receiving. If you have 2+ years of experience working in warehousing or logistics and strong communication skills, we may have the career for you!
Shipment Management, including:
- Responsible for logistics of planning trailers (Rand): Manage incoming trailers from Steel Case and other suppliers to ensure that delivery dates matches the schedule in the Digiops. Work with project managers and escalate any issues as they arise.
- Managing Snaptracker inventory
- Courier out product as needed.
Warehouse Management, including:
- Manage product placement within the warehouse
- Oversee order picking and receiving areas and continuously improve and optimize the receiving and picking process.
- Ensure the accuracy and timeliness of picks
- Ensure the safety, cleanliness and security of the warehouse facility
- With the help of the Administration department, provide information for monthly storage invoices
- Ensure warehouse operations adheres to established policies, procedures and practices
- Ensure workplace health and safety requirements are met
- Oversee the planned maintenance of warehouse equipment, including forklift
Warehouse Personnel Management, including:
- Provide training (forklift and hedberg) of warehouse staff and monitor performance and progress
- Involved in recommending hiring, promotions, terminations and performance appraisals
- Assist with the daily use of timekeeping hand scanner and ensure its use
- Address employee problems and apply progressive discipline policy as required
- Approve of additional labour resources required to meet business needs
- Ensure accurate receiving of product including claim assessment and freight
Warehouse Product Management, including:
- Optimize space usage within the facility
- Grade 12 or equivalent, college/university preferable
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Knowledge of ERP systems is an asset
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in warehousing or logistics
- Strong customer service, communication, organizational, analytical, supervisory and leadership skills.
- Must be comfortable at giving and receiving open feedback.
- Able to supervise a medium size group of warehouse employees.
Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Job Posting – Warehouse Manager”